Dear Year 6 Parents and Carers,
It is an absolute pleasure to welcome your child to St Andrew the Apostle School in September. We are delighted that your child will be joining our school for the next chapter in their school life. Rest assured, they are going to have an amazing and successful time at St Andrew the Apostle School.
Making the transition from Primary School to Secondary School is an important step in every child’s life. We have put together some welcome resources so you can get to know more about us and our school. Many families have a lot of the same questions and concerns surrounding transition and we are committed to working with you to address any issues. All of the key information you need as parents will be uploaded to this website for easy access. We also have a number of fun interactive resources for your children to engage with which will help to prepare them for the big move.
This page has been set up to help you and your child to transition from Primary to Secondary Education. This is also a great way in which to keep in contact with us between now and September 2022.
We look forward to welcoming your child soon and in the meantime please keep visiting this website for updated content.
Save the dates:
- Mrs Hammond will be visiting our local primary schools in the next few weeks. We do this so that we can speak with your child’s teacher and use the opportunity to get to know your child further in what will be their ‘old school’ soon. We will advertise the dates as they come up on these pages.
- Moss Hall Primary School - Tuesday 24th May 2022 1:45pm
- Our Byzantine choir will be singing a special Greek Orthodox Good Friday Psalm at the Twelve Apostles Greek Orthodox Church on Friday 22 April from 8:00pm. If you are attending this special service at the Twelve Apostles, we look forward to seeing you there.
- We will write to you soon about the exciting taster lessons taking place after school from Monday 20 June to Friday 24 June inclusive. This will give your child a great opportunity to experience lessons in subjects such as Classics; Science; French; PE and many others. They will also meet their new friends and teachers.
- We look forward to welcoming your child to St Andrew the Apostle School on Thursday 7 July. Your child should arrive in their Primary School uniform at the Building 5 entrance at 8.15am. We would like to invite you back to school from 2pm- 3pm as you will have a chance to meet and speak with other parents from our Parent Association called FOSA (Friends of St Andrew the Apostle School)
- You will also have an opportunity to purchase uniform on Thursday 7 July as there will be a representative from Stevenson’s available to help and advise you. We will also have a great selection of nearly-new uniform in good condition for purchase. All funds raised from the sale of nearly-new uniform will go to our hardship fund. This fund is used to help families in need who may need some support to purchase a specific item needed for school e.g. uniform, calculator, school shoes etc. Parents and carers are able to request support by writing in confidence to the Headteacher at email@example.com with ‘Financial assistance’ in the subject title.
- Wednesday 20 July is the date of the annual STA Talent show. Our new cohort and their families are warmly invited to this much-anticipated event which will be held at the Chickenshed Theatre in Southgate. Look out for details of how to purchase tickets for this event which is historically sold-out very quickly.
- We intend to run a 3-day summer school for our new Year 7 cohort and this will be free of charge to you. Mrs Hammond will write with further details of how you can sign up for this programme which will be another opportunity for our new cohort to take part in team-building activities and to meet with their teachers and peers.
- First day at school- Wednesday 7 September 2022. We will write with further details soon.
- Please click here to access term dates for your information.
Mrs I.Warwick Mrs C.Hammond
Headteacher Assistant Headteacher
Year 6 Transition Information – September 2022
- Link to the newsletter so that Year 6 students can join in the competitions.
Please click here and go to ‘Welcome To Our School’ to view a short video of our Year 6 Open evening event. Here you will hear the Headteacher Mrs Indira Warwick speak about her vision for St Andrew the Apostle School. You will also hear from our Head Boy and Head Girl, followed by a Year 7 student’s perspective about what it is like to be a student in our wonderful school.
Transition Activities Challenges:
Your child will be invited to participate in various competitions and asked to complete a series of tasks prior to their first day at St Andrew the Apostle School. Please click on the links below to view and download the tasks.